Friday, April 13, 2007

I somehow forgot about Tormented Soul and Slithereen Guard, and here we have a large portion of the grid ticked off already. I have covered quite a lot of ground since the start of the logging. Now the backlog is SA, NA, LR, Veno, BB, Silencer, Doom, LoA, Treant, Bane, Rhasta, ES, Zeus, QoP, Prophet, THD, Alchemist, TS and Slardar.



As promised, here is more stuff of what Ant can't do:

5) Recover. Chances are that if I do badly early game, I'm pretty much screwed for the rest of the game. It's times like these where I have to really bank on the rest of my team to hopefully be farmed up enough to pull off a 4v5. Most of the time it happens though, since the enemy team is hopefully too busy keeping me down to stop them from farming. It actually works for me sometimes, when the enemy team is too busy killing Tofu and eventually gets pwned by virtue of me being overfarmed.

6) Clear team alone. Perhaps it's a combination of the rest of the factors, but when outnumbered, no matter how low HP the enemy is, I have a tendency to get microed. Most of the time, faced alone with a low HP mass of 5 heroes who have used all their spells, the most I can do is take out 1 or 2 of them and force the rest to retreat. Mostly I guess this is because I always try to be part of the engagement and use my most crucial spells (i.e. ultimates) there, so I have none left to finish off enemies after a battle.

Number 6 actually can be put in the next list, which is a list of stuff Ant can't do yet but hopes to be able to do in the near future:

1) Backstab. I'm working on this. I used to be completely unable to backstab at all, and it usually resulted in me being underfarmed everytime I tried to backstab. I've sort of worked out a good balance between farming and roaming around though, and I guess even though my backstabbing timing isn't too good, at least I know how to make the most of a failed backstab. I still can't backstab well early game though, mainly because I'm too cowardly to tank the tower. Still, I have problems balancing helping other lanes and helping my own lane, and leaving a lane at the wrong time means my teammate at that lane has serious lane control issues. Plus I have no idea how to help a teammate who is stuck in a lane where I alone can't backstab. Calling for backup to backstab is a problem for me.

2) Maphack. I actually tried tracking movements of the enemy team for a while, but it got a little too difficult. Right now though, I can sort of predict which lanes are safe to farm, and which enemy hero is farming alone and which will be backed up. Plus, I find it's rather useful to always be aware of crucial backstabbing heroes such as VS or Veno, and if I remember to track them usually I can almost always avoid backstabs. Unfortunately, sometimes I get overly paranoid and don't farm a lane because there's a miniscule chance that the enemy might be waiting there, although often they aren't. Plus, I have a problem with teams where 5 heroes simply vanish off the minimap. It's really something that I can work on, I simply have be a little more alert, and conciously process this information constantly until it becomes a habit. Partial human maphack is possible!

No comments: